Tuesday, July 15, 2014

So Many People!!


Today, we were supposed to visit Dr. Johnson's House in London, with our Jane Austen class. He was Jane Austen's favorite author. Anyway, although we boarded the Tube on time, some kind of weird time warp thing happened and we ended up getting to our meeting point late, and the class had already left without us. Sad. But, we had two hours until our actual class, so we decided to go to the British Museum. Which ended up being a bit farther away from campus than we had originally thought. So, as it turned out, we had about half and hour to spend in this enormous museum completely packed with people:


And the number of people in this photo is very small compared to how many people were actually there. Still, Kelli and I succeeded in seeing some of the most important things. The Rosetta Stone, for instance:


And this guy from Easter Island. Didn't ask me for any gum, though, which was slightly disappointing. I even had a pack of gum in my bag:


So, the British Museum in half and hour. I thought we did rather well, considering the amount of people there. It really is a gorgeous place, I feel like we didn't do it justice with our time constraint. I'd like to go back sometime and spend all day wandering around, it's chock-full of awesome artifacts. But, had to get to class. On the way back, though, I found the Agatha Christie book bench! Illustrated from a story I actually have never read (I know, shocking, right?), because it was part of a manuscript that was only recently discovered. Greenshaw's Folly, it's called. I need to pick up a copy of it. Someone was sitting on the bench, so I had the get a picture with the back of it. In the upper left corner you can see the James Bond bench as well. Pretty cool stuff.


After class, we headed to Oxford Street, which has tons of stores for shopping. It, also was absolutely packed. It reminded me of being at the Plaza in Kansas City, only about 5 times as many people. It was a lot of fun, though, and we got some good deals. They also had a Disney store, where we saw the queen!


Well, more like Minnie Mouse dressed like the queen. Still pretty awesome, in my opinion. I also had an impromptu karaoke session because they were playing the Frozen soundtrack and I, of course, know all the words to pretty much every song. It was great.
Tomorrow is my oral presentation, which is finished, for the most part? There's a question mark because I still need to run through it and see how long it takes me. Also tomorrow, ISA is taking us to see Shakespeare's Julius Caesar at the Globe!! Which will be awesome!! Hope you are all doing well! Cheers until tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment