Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Packing. Need I say more?

But, of course, I will say more.

So, today, I thought, why not figure out what to pack in my carry-on? Now, first, something needs to be made very clear:
Not only have I never been out of the U.S, but...

I have never been on an airplane.

So, this whole trying to figure out what's legal, what's illegal, what goes in carry-on, what goes in checked luggage, all the documents I need to present Customs with, has turned my brain inside out. Right now, I'm sitting on the floor of my room, surrounded by various bags containing pretty much everything I need to survive-all in TSA approved travel size containers, of course. I have read pretty much everything the internet has to offer on the subject of packing, and watched a wide variety of YouTube videos. Some were okay, others, well, let's just say that when random people make random how-to videos that they plan to post on YouTube for the whole world to see, something happens, and the most dignified and sensible person becomes drunk with the power of the internet and starts to ramble and act incredibly foolishly during the filming of such a video. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, I suppose the same thing can happen with blogging...

Back to the matter at hand. All in all, this process has taken me probably somewhere around 4 hours. It's been an ordeal to say the least. And I haven't even technically packed, yet. This was just basically figuring out what I can bring and what I can't, and then making a firm decision on what I will be packing in my carry-on. The most exciting part is that I discovered that there will be enough room to bring a stuffed animal in my carry-on, namely, my small Moose pillow pet. Needless to say, that discovery prompted much rejoicing and praising of the Lord on my part. I couldn't quite say what it prompted on the part of the wee Moose, but he is sitting and looking fluffy and contented, so I can only assume it's a pleasant outlook for him as well.

But now I think I know what this packing thing is. Hopefully. I guess we'll see. I leave you with an example of the kind of packing technique everyone should employ:




No comments:

Post a Comment